Pages

Slider

Friday, May 10, 2013

Blue Bonnet Minis | Dallas Child Photographer

This was my first year for bluebonnet minis. I was very excited, but very nervous. I already had the date set and client's signed up. But where were the bluebonnet's?? I went exploring for days with a photographer friend of mine, and we found some "patches" of bb's, but nothing more. I wanted a field! I wanted a sea of blue in my photos. So after day two of searching, I had only 2 options. 1.) set this mini back a week or two and hope they grow some where besides the side of the road 2.) make the best of the area I found. Both of those options made me sad. Don't get me wrong, the area I found was quaint and had a good area, but it wasn't what I had been DREAMING about for my first ever bluebonnet mini. So later that night, once Ray got home from work I was telling him of my adventure, and he said "There's a big field of bluebonnet's I see on my way home from work." WHAT?! He said he knew I had been looking so every time he leaves the house he keeps an eye out, and this field seemed to be growing every time he saw it. So I told my photog friend, and we both came to the conclusion that Ray didn't know what he was talking about. LOL And that this "field" he was speaking about was probably a patch just like the ones we saw. We thought this because when he told me where it was, it was seriously only a street away from where we had initially been looking. So if there was a field we would have seen it right?.....

Wrong.
We were oh so wrong.....


I decided "what the heck, let me go check it out. What's there to lose" As soon as I pulled off the highway and onto the service road I could see blue to my left....LOTS OF BLUE. I called my friend and just said "OH MY GOSH!!!" I sent her the pictures and she said "Okay, give me the address to that place now! lol" We met up there and just stared, for forever. We were so ecstatic, and even more excited to bring our clients out here! The best part about it was that when my client's were there, we were the ONLY people out there. So we had the whole field to ourselves. 

So this is my semi-long story of my first bluebonnet mini and the exciting little adventure I had finding this place. I hope you enjoy the pictures. =)




















0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs