Pages

Slider

Monday, May 13, 2013

Reality Monday

Yesterday was Mother's Day! Did all you lovely mother's out there have a fantastic relaxing day?! I am a mother, but I also have a mother so this day is not all about me. And I'm okay with that.

We spent the morning at my mom's house & took her to The Pizza Lounge. I love this place. LOVE. When I lived in Dallas I would visit often with my friends for a thing we liked to call "pizza nights". We didn't necessarily eat pizza on these Tuesday nights but more or less, have some beers and hang out. Anyways, off topic.

YUM....

By the way...I didn't take this picture. I would have taken a picture, but....I was way to busy eating a Nickel Bag. If you haven't gotten curious enough to google The Pizza Lounge by now I'm sure the thought of me eating a nickel bag will make you want to do some research. ;) 

After a yummy lunch we drove over to Ray's mom's house to visit and eat again. What? We didn't want to be rude. 

It's always nice when you get to stop and hang out with family. Not to mention I have really gotten a flow going on with my work and editing. I don't have it down to an exact science yet, but I am happy that I've learned some new tips to speed up the process. This makes me excited because 1.) I get my editing done faster and therefore have SO much more time to do laundry and dishes (I know, you're jealous huh?) but also  2.) I am able to get client's sessions out to them a little sooner. Happy Dance. And since I take order's for canvases and prints before sessions are sent out I like that it doesn't take too long, because I don't want people to get their goodies once they forgot they even have goodies coming. 

Man, I am all over the place today with this post. As I'm typing this, I keep staring at the photo above and I keep telling myself" Nik, this had absolutely nothing to do with pizza.....or Mother's Day!?" So I guess I'll get back to that. 

Soooo.....Guess what I got?! 
I got a dutch oven!!!
and a wok! You all know what a wok looks like, right? So I don't have to search for a picture because I'm too lazy to take one with my camera and upload it. ;) I am a big nerd and these gifts made me extremely happy. I like to experiment in my kitchen and cook/bake home made things from S.C.R.A.T.C.H. and I can't do this if I don't have the right equipment. So everyone suffers really. 

So I got exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day. I know what you're thinking. Great story right? 
Wrong.
I woke up in the morning and realized we were gone all day yesterday, so no one cleaned the house for me for Mother's Day and now it's Reality Monday and I have an entire house to clean. 

Happy Monday!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs